Sunday, May 8, 2011

Meno and the GIANTS

An update on "Meno", the angry looking fish. He was peacefully laid to rest along side his new pal. I took the "everything but the kitchen sink" approach that I'd used for my tomatoes, and have applied it toward my quest for pumpkin greatness.




Hopefully, Meno will bring a little luck to my "side project"...growing a giant pumpkin. When I say "giant", I don't mean I'm trying to grow a 1,000 lb. pumpkin or set any records. What I want is a pumpkin big enough that it "should" be carved with a saw...perhaps a reciprocating saw...hey, it's just an idea ;-)

Last year all of my "Big Max" pumpkins died on the vine after reaching grapefruit sized. This year, I've done my homework. The Rocket Scientist's mother gave me a wonderful book, for Christmas, on growing giant pumpkins and I hope to avoid last year's sad pumpkin fate. I ordered some "Dill's Atlantic Giant" seeds this winter, and started them inside my seed shed about 6 weeks ago. Here are my two Dill's Atlantic Giant plants, now sitting atop "Mount Meno".







Since I've yet to post details about my tomato planting extravaganza, here's a link to the inspiration for my "everything but the kitchen sink" method.

http://www.growbetterveggies.com/growbetterveggies/2011/04/repost-how-i-plant-a-tomato.html

- Posted fresh from the garden via iPhone

3 comments:



  1. The paradiddle is a funny little rudiment, because if you
    walk into an average middle school band program, even some
    of the trumpet players and other wind players, usually boys,
    know about paradiddles. I seem to recall many of them asking
    me what a paradiddle is, because they'd heard of them, but
    didn't know how they were played. I think it's definitely
    one of the most popular rudiments among kids.

    paradiddles
    paradiddle book
    paradiddle exercises

    ReplyDelete


  2. I used these guys to develop a site like this one, and they blew it
    out of the water in terms of quality. My expectations were blown away,
    I like your site, but I do suggest a bit of a re-design. It will garnish
    more traffic, just my opinion!

    toronto web design
    toronto website design
    toronto website development anchor texts

    ReplyDelete
  3. For those who are looking to save money, you should try to get the best nail gun guide you can find. You can get a file that is straight, a file with teeth, or a file that only come in one form. If you are curious to know more about nail gun review, visit this site right here.

    ReplyDelete